Akaushi Wagyu beef is raised in Texas by our good friends at HeartBrand beef. Our owner Lee Seelig pretty much only eats Akaushi beef at this point, that's how delicious and juicy and flavorful it is. This meat is harvested from cattle that was originally from Japan and has specific attributes that make it truly an event to consume. Eat Akaushi beef once and you'll become converted.
*Not always available in store*
(Please select the size steak you'd like from the drop-down arrow.)
*Recipe (and corresponding photo) courtesy of Elisabeth Stephan.
Oven-Roasted Akaushi Strip Steak
This simply prepared Akaushi strip steak allows you to focus on the complex flavors of this very special meat without any distractions. And the method of roasting it in the oven without searing it on the stovetop keeps the cleanup to a minimum!
- 1 Akaushi Strip Steak
- A few sprigs of fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, sage and/or oregano)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Season steak with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and rub generously with olive oil.
- Place steak on the herbs and arrange an oven-safe baking dish (if available, use a rack.)
- Cook for 5-7 minutes for medium rare (3-4 minutes for rare), flipping it over once halfway through the cooking process.
- Remove dish them from the oven. Place the steak on a plate and rest for a few minutes before enjoying it. Immensely…